Thanks Again, Jacob & JoAnne

As I contemplated applying to grad school again, I realized that the hardest part of the process might be getting letters of recommendation for my creative work. But I would like to thank two people who vouched for me. Jacob Silkstone, managing editor at the U.K. and Pakistan based international journal The Missing Slate, vouched for me by way of the pieces I'd published there.

I also reached out to a professional writing contact, Judge JoAnne Kloppenberg, now the presiding judge of the Wisconsin Court of Appeals. I was lucky enough to have Jo Anne represent many of my decisions in the environmental protection unit of the Department of Justice. She vouched for my quasi-judicial decisions and lawyerly writing.

With their help, I was accepted into the MFA program in fiction at Augsburg College in Minneapolis. Thanks to both for your support, and more on Augsburg in a later post. 

Comments

  1. I always enjoyed reading your hearing decisions, esp. when you threw in a literary reference or two. I could be blanking, but I think you have a pretty good track record for your decisions being upheld on judicial review too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks EK, your briefs were always great and very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Story Forthcoming in Rosebud